Thursday, April 28, 2011

Picture Perfect

One of the things I need to work on is taking nice photos of my cakes so that I can have an online gallery worthy of being seen.  All the pictures I've taken thus far are very amateurish and unfortunately aren't any I'd like to include in my portfolio.  The cakes are nice but the photographs aren't.   My cousin Leo who is an amazing photographer has offered to be my official photographer but I can't expect him to come over every time I make a cake - plus the fact that he wants a piece of the cake in exchange for every photo he takes.  Imagine me delivering a pretty cake with a slice in the back?  I guess I can always say, it was for quality control...LOL!


Over the next few days I'll be making cupcakes and mini cakes and I'll experiment with using backgrounds so that they look more professional and I can slowly start building my portfolio.  The problem is, what to do with the cupcakes??? Anyone who wants free cakes, come over! (but call first LOL!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment